MINIBOND SCORECARD: MARKET TRENDS
Main indicators as of October 31th 2015
MINIBONDS: LATEST DATA CONFIRM INTEREST FOR ITALIAN SMEs
The latest updates in the English version of the Minibond Scorecard: Market Trends.
The recent issues on the Italian market, which have been reported in the September Italian edition of the Minibond Scorecard, confirm interest of Italian SMEs in this new financial instrument: the interest rate and the average face value of the single minibond issued is progressively decreasing, in line with the specific needs of the Italian SMEs.
The English version of the “Minibond Scorecard: Market Trends” published by MinibondItaly.it - the Italian news portal dedicated to the minibond sector – together with Epic SIm – the first digital platform that connects private capital directly with SMEs – clearly confirms that the market is highly active and minibonds continue to be issued. An activity that draws more and more attention from abroad. This is proved by data collected by MinibondItaly.it, which last October, celebrated its first year on line: subscribers arrive from all around the world (100 countries represented, mostly USA, UK, France, China, Germany, Russia, Japan and Switzerland)
Following are the main developments compared to the last update:
- 137 minibonds issued for a total value of approximately €5.3 bn (+1,3% vs previous quarter)
- Increase of minibonds below €50 M in face value: in fact all the new issues in the Aug-Oct period fall into this category
- Decrease of the average maturity and coupon rate, consistent with previous quarter, confirming the market consolidation trend
- Industrials sector registered the highest variation (+3.5% of volumes issued vs July), mainly thanks to new issues by Industrial Spa and Renco Group
- Strong concentration of issues in Northern Italy is confirmed
The updated identikit of minibond not exceeding €50 M is the following:
- Average face value: €9.2M
- Average coupon rate: 5.59%
- Average maturity: 5.4 years
MINIBOND SCORECARD: MARKET TRENDS is published by MinibondItaly.it in collaboration with Epic SIM and provides quarterly updates on the evolution of the Minibond market in Italy; the English version is released one month after the Italian one, ensuring a constant stream of accurate data.
MinibondItaly.it is the first informational web portal and news aggregator overviewing the Italian Minibond market (developed and managed by Business Support, a strategy consulting and financial advisory firm).