A month away from the last Minibond Scorecard, the English update of the document has been published, created by MinibondItaly with Epic Sim, the private investment community specialized in the real economy.
The Minibond Scorecard: Market Trends is designed with the purpose of bringing quality and reliable information to foreign agents that operate within the sector: it provides a description from an international angle on what is currently happening on the ExtramotPro Italian Market, with the objective of providing an updated and clear picture for international players.
Let us take a detailed look at what has changed compared to the last update:
- 254 issued minibonds for a total value of approximately €15.5 bn (+19% vs 31st October 2017)
- Increase of minibonds below €50 M in term of amount and in term of number: in the October – January period they account for €154 M vs €114 M of the same period in 2016
- Decrease of the average face value of the total issues, further reduction compared the previous update, confirming the market consolidation trend
- Industrial registered the highest variation (+1.1 pp of the share of total value issued vs October). Others sectors improved like Media & ICT and Food & Beverage
- Strong concentration of issues in Northern Italy is confirmed
The updated average profile of minibonds not exceeding €50 M is the following:
- Average face value: €7.2M
- Average coupon rate: 5.13%
- Average maturity: 5.1 years
MINIBOND SCORECARD: MARKET TRENDS is published by MinibondItaly.it in collaboration with Epic SIM and provides quarterly updates on the evolution of the Minibond market in Italy; the English version is released one month after the Italian one, ensuring a constant stream of accurate data.
MinibondItaly.it is the first informational web portal and news aggregator overviewing the Italian Minibond market (developed and managed by Business Support, a strategy consulting and financial advisory firm).
Epic SIM manages the new fintech platform www.epic.it that directly connects private capital and SMEs.